Do I need a doctor’s referral to come to physiotherapy?
As a general rule a doctor’s referral is not required to receive physiotherapy treatment.
How quickly will I be seen for my first appointment?
The clinic is open Monday to Saturday, over a wide range of hours to accommodate patients who need to be seen before or after work. We will make every effort to book your appointment within 24 hours.
What should I bring to my first appointment?
- BC care card.
- If you have an ICBC or WorkSafeBC claim, we require your claim number, and the name of your adjustor if known.
- If you have extended health care insurance coverage, please bring your policy card with all the pertinent details.
- Doctor’s referral note – if you have one and any relevant test results.
- X-ray, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound or other imaging reports.
- Post surgical instructions you’ve been given following surgery.
- Custom orthotics or footwear for foot injuries or foot pain.
- Details regarding your medical history and Intake Form – you can print and complete the form ahead of time here
How Do I Pay For Treatment?
- We accept cash, cheque, debit card, and credit card. We are happy to discuss payment plan options as well. It is our policy that payment is made at the time of service.
- Your insurance benefits will be determined before your first visit, and you will be informed of what, if any, payment is necessary on your appointment date.
Does Insurance Cover my Treatment?
- In most cases, insurance will cover a good portion, if not all, of your treatment costs.
- Check with your insurer for more specific requirements.
What If You Don’t Accept My Insurance or I Don’t Have Insurance?
- For patients who do not have insurance or who have exhausted their benefits , we offer a self-pay rate, due at the time of service.
How Long Is A Typical Therapy Session?
- The first session usually lasts for 40 minutes for regular therapy and one hour for neurological or complex conditions.
- The amount of time will be based on your specific needs, and our therapist will discuss this with you. You will most likely see your therapist once or twice per week, to begin with, and as you progress through treatment, your sessions will be more spread out.
Does the government cover any of the treatments?
- The Medical Services Plan (MSP) will cover a combined total of 10 visits per calendar year for patients that qualify for premium assistance (physiotherapy, non-surgical podiatry, massage therapy, and chiropractic services.)
- For further information on premium assistance, please visit the medical services plan website. We accept premium assistance billing for the regular physiotherapy treatments only.
Does the clinic bill physiotherapy treatment directly to my insurance company?
- Yes! In many cases we are able to do direct billing to your extended health insurance. Please check with your plan provider to confirm your physiotherapy coverage.
I have been in a motor vehicle accident. Should I go to physiotherapy?
- If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need to file a claim with ICBC as soon as possible. You do not require a medical referral to begin physiotherapy treatment, but we do recommend that you visit your doctor to assess and document your injury as ICBC may require a doctor’s referral note. For more information on ICBC claims, click here.
Does the clinic accept WorkSafeBC (WCB ) patients?
- Yes. Beyond Physiotherapy is an approved facility for WCB, You need to fill out the correct forms with your employer and family doctor (or clinic doctor)first, then make an appointment with us to start treatment immediately. We have a contract with WSBC to treat injured workers. We strive to get you back to work as soon as physically possible. Please bring in your BC CareCard as we need it to bill WSBC. For more information on WorkSafeBC Claims, click here.
What if I do not have a WSBC claim number?
- If you do not have a WSBC claim number prior to your first visit, you may have to pay for the visit yourself. Once you receive your claim number, please inform our receptionist so that your visits can be re-billed to WSBC. Once your claim is approved, you will receive reimbursement from us, NOT WSBC. We ask that you do not submit your receipts to any extended medical plans you may have until your claim has been accepted or denied.
Do you have a therapist who can speak my language?
- Our therapists speak to clients in their own languages such as Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese & Arabic.
Is there parking?
- Yes, there is ample parking outside our clinics.
How Can I Schedule An Appointment?
- Our scheduling is easy! Click the Online Appointment button and schedule an appointment at any time of the day. Or give us a call and we will have convenient appointment times available to meet the demands of your busy schedule.
What if I cannot make a scheduled appointment? Do you have a cancellation policy?
- If you cannot make an appointment, we kindly ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice. This advanced notice will allow us to offer this appointment time to another client in need of our services. Clients who cancel or change appointments with less than 24 hours notice or do not show up for their scheduled appointments will be charged a $30 fee.
- If you have a question that hasn’t been answered here, please don’t hesitate to call our office at 778-277-3666.